Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Circus

For those of you that know me you know my life is kind of a circus. With twins it is always hectic! However on Sunday we went to the real circus at the RBC center in Raleigh. It started out as a normal outing. Korey, the twins, my sister, my niece and my nephew and I all were enjoying the Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey circus when I came down with a stomach bug! I went to the lobby by myself to use the restroom (and to go throw up) when my body totally shut down (from dehydration we guess) and I passed out right in the middle of the hallway of the RBC center in front of a million people...and did I mention that I was totally ALONE!!!! The first aid people finally roused me enough so that I could tell them where Korey was sitting. The next thing I know I am in an ambulance heading for Rex Hospital in Raleigh!! I woke up again and I was in the ER with Korey at my side!! Very scary!! Yes, I myself caused a circus at the circus!! 7 hours later I was released. I slept Monday until 2:30 in the afternoon and then we headed back to Beaufort. I am just now starting to feel better. Whatever that nasty virus was I am glad it is gone!!

My body for some reason always does this when I get sick. I have passed out in some crazy places.....RBC Center, NYC Hotel, ECHS Gym, in the middle of a cheerleading stunt, my house, and probably the most embarrassing was at the Spot in Beaufort with a mini-skirt on so everyone saw my underwear!! Oh well, no one can say I'm boring!! There's always excitement with me around!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allison, I am so sorry about your circus experience! I knew something was going on because I haven't heard from you all week. Glad you're on the road to recovery!!!

Lauren said...

Wow that's horrible! I hope you are feeling better. Can you believe I've never fainted even one time. From your description it's not pleasant! Take care of yourself.

Danielle Bridgers Banks said...

Oh my, how terrifying. I'm glad that you are feeling better.