Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year....New Goals

Well, here it is 2009!! I cannot believe it. This year I plan on trying to accomplish some things so I thought I would document them here and that way maybe I will try and actually do them!!
1. Keep my house neat.....this will be the hardest one.

2. Try to not let the laundry get so far behind.

3. Keep my car clean...also a tough one.

4. Lose at least 15 lbs...not sure it this will be by diet or exercise but neither sound good at this moment.

5. Save money.....good luck with that... I know

6. Have game night with my friends at least every every other month.

7. Visit people that I don't get to see often.

8. Take the kids to the park/aquarium more.

9. Do a girls night out more often.
10. Cherish every moment with my Pop who will turn 100 in April.

I was thinking about 1909....the year Pop was born. As many of you know I am a Titanic buff and I realized today that this was the year construction began on the Titanic. One hundred years ago....think of all the changes my Pop has seen in 100 years. When he was born Teddy Roosevelt was president. He has lived through 18 presidents. Below is a picture from his 99th birthday party. Also, there is a picture from October 2007 when Pop went back to the house he was born and raised in for the first time in many years. It was neat to see where he grew up and where he and my grandmama lived when they first got married. The house is still standing and is located in Mill Creek. He and grandmama moved to Beaufort and lived on Broad St. first and moved into their house on Ann Street where he currently lives in 1946.

3 comments:

lov said...

what a great post!
i think your goal to spend time with your pop is by far your most important goal! :)

i only have one goal this year....
(well i have a lot...but i guess i should say only one resolution)
i want to be able to run 3 miles, as easily as i can walk them!

lov said...

yeah....
3 miles
and i'm not sure i can do it
but its a good goal to strive for
but as of right now, i can walk a little under 5 miles in an hour
so....im thinking that running one would be easy to work to....
and running 3 would be a little hard, but i think i can do it
however,
come back to me next year this time....and i'll let you know for sure it i was successful! :)

Danielle Bridgers Banks said...

Good luck on meeting your goals Allison. You can do it, and like Leigh Anna said, spend lots of time with your Pop. I enjoyed reading about the changes that he has seen in his lifetime. Amazing isn't it.

As for Leigh Anna's 3 mile run. You can do it! I have been thinking of tackling the same goal. Got half way there in March, got a cold and quit. I was doing Couch to 5K. Google it. It is a neat program.