Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Big 3-0

Yes, tomorrow is my 30th birthday! Not good :) I was thinking today about how blessed I am and that the past 30 years certainly have been an adventure.


Tomorrow is also Alyson's birthday! We were born on the same day in the same hospital 5 minutes apart. I was born first, which until now seemed good but that just means I turn 30 first. This has always been a special part of our friendship. We not only have the same name, we have the same birthday as well. Growing up, I always heard about the other Alyson from Harkers Island that was born the same day as I was. We became friends in about 5th grade when I took Gymnastics at her mom's dance studio. When we started high school at East we were in the same homeroom and most of the same classes so of course we became the best of friends.


These are pictures from our 4 years in High School. She is probably going to kill me for posting these, but at least our senior one is good. :)


9th grade. I think I weighed all of 90 lbs here. Those were the days. This was taken on spring break in Emerald Isle.

10th Grade. This was taken Nov. 27, 1994 at my house. Our 16th birthday party!

11th grade. We had these taken because someone gave Mrs. Susan a free portrait session from Olin Mills so we took it! All good friends at some point have their pictures taken together....Lauren and I had some beautiful ones taken in 5th grade by the photographer at Roses. They were all lovely. We had a good time anyway. :)

12th grade Prom. We had a blast. Those are days that should always be cherished. I think back now and miss those days at East Carteret.

Happy Birthday Aly. I love you!

4 comments:

leigh anna said...

:) happy birthday to both of you!!

leah said...

I've thought about you and Aly all day today...

Happy Birthday to two of the loveliest girls I know! :)

Aly said...

Hey Al,

You're too sweet. I've thought of you all day. We're in Utah so I didn't get to see the sign at Gaskill's. Thirty actually feels pretty nice. We've both accomplished a lot and made some pretty nice contributions to the world thus far (Zac, Will, Sam, Max, & Callie Margaret). Here's to thirty and thirty more as the best of friends. I love you. Alyson

Anonymous said...

Callie M. looks just like you in that first picture at EI!!!!!! Those were the days, but I know that the next decade is gonna be much better. Happy Birthday, ~M